You can now both publish a game online during a LIVE bout and publish the game later if you do not have internet access during the bout.
You can add your online game to an Online Tournament, so that games can be grouped and ranked within each tournament.
- You will first need to download the scoreboard.
- Once downloaded and opened, create a new game as well as name the game under the game settings tab.
- You will then fill out the Team Manager and any other things with the game you need to.
- You can start using the Stats Collection software if you would like, but it’s not required to go online.
Internet During the Bout
- We created a step by step guide on our blog with pictures, if you would like to follow that.
- Once completed the setup, you will notice a link appear at the top right of the scoreboard. Click on this link.
- You will be directed to a page at RDNation.com. If you haven't logged in, go ahead and do so.
- Once you have landed on this page, it will assign you as a member of RDNation, the owner of the game. You will later be able to give other members and leagues ownership to the game, but for now it is yours.
- All you have to do next is to click the green publish button. From there it is now published for all to see.
- Scrolling down the page, you can also embed a live streaming video or use one of our live streaming services. For information about those services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Internet At Bouts
Before going this option, we have found that the MiFi devices provided by some cellular companies will work just fine. Be sure to ask around your league if anyone owns one or uses it.
- Once completed the setup, you will use the scoreboard just like a regular scoreboard for the entire game.
- At the end of the game, and clicking on the "Game is Over" button, be sure to "Save the Game" to your computer.
- Once saved, go home or where ever there is internet available. Login to RDNation.com.
- Go to the Games Tab, and click on "Upload a Game".
- Go ahead and upload the game and you will be directed to a page to start managing the game and connecting your members to their stats.
Post Bout and Finalizing Stats
- Once you have logged in, you can go to your games tab at the top left of the screen and click on 'Owned Games'.
- You will be able to manage a finished game and then attach members of the game to members within RDNation.com.
You will see your current game in the drop down. By going to the manage game page, you will then be given more options like linking the skaters to the skaters in RDNation. Therefore updating their personal stats